Sitting truck frozen drum brake advice

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is: Why hasn't the rear been chained to the farmer's tractor bucket? Just lift it and push it onto the trailer rather than fiddle-f*** around with it.

Still have to get it off the trailer.... Might as well get it done beforehand..

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd much rather do it on the trailer in the shop, than in the dirt outside in a field.

To be fair, we're already measuring windchills.

That is true, working in the dirt and chill sucks, I was just thinking for me it would be better on the solid ground not the wobbly skinny trailer.. I've fallen off enough of them...

RollCoal

Reaction score
Pull the axles out and get it to a garage/out of the field. likely the drum it rusted to the hub or the parking brake is engaged..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulling the axle shafts isn't going to do anything.
I would surely think she figured something out by now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Danielle is pretty sharp. She’s either figured it out or set it on fire by now.

For you guys saying to pull the axles, that only disconnects the hub from the center section. Like unlocking the hub on the front. The braking is between the drum and the backing plate/housing.

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a shame Ford didn't think to put threaded holes in these drums like several other manufacturers did to just thread a few bolts in and essentially "press" the drum off of whatever was holding it tight. If all else fails a slightly loose wheel and a several inch drop off a jack will usually unseat a drum stuck on a hub bore.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin