Remote atart 02 super duty?

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Anyone have a remote start on a diesel? What kind? Do you like it(it works good)? I hate being cold in the morning! Any input appreciated.
Thanks
Ken

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I couldnt plug it in at the mall today and its COLD here today! LOL!
Ken

jpxj94

Reaction score
I have the prestige 996 2 way pager remote start in my 99 and I love it. The feature I like the most is being able to leave my truck running and set the alarm while I get out. It is better for cooling down the truck with the a/c then it is at heating it up with the heater because of the time it takes for the truck to get warm. The prestige is supposed to have the best range out of all of them and same electronics as the viper and other top
end alarms. Mine will work with my truck in the back of the parking lot and me in the back of a super wal-mart.

jpxj94

Reaction score
I have the prestige 996 2 way pager remote start in my 99 and I love it. The feature I like the most is being able to leave my truck running and set the alarm while I get out. It is better for cooling down the truck with the a/c then it is at heating it up with the heater because of the time it takes for the truck to get warm. The prestige is supposed to have the best range out of all of them and same electronics as the viper and other top
end alarms. Mine will work with my truck in the back of the parking lot and me in the back of a super wal-mart. There is a delayed start relay they add to let the glow plugs warm up.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I'm still kicking around the idea. I think I am going to go with the Compustar system. It has the 2 way remote with a range of 6000'! It also has logic for the glow plug circuit and a turbo timer built in. Thanks for the input.
Ken

thetonka

Reaction score
I have been installing Crimestopper Alarms for almost 15 years and they are a great unit. The higher end remote start units from Crimestopper have 2 way remotes with up to 2 mile range and they have a turbo timer for cool down.

Any unit you get you should make sure has the turbo timer, adjustable remote start time and a 2-way remote with good range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online