Possible to put Super Duty body on '84 frame?

OilFilter

Reaction score
Let me know what you'd let that 6.0 turbo go for.
Make me an offer, though it may be a month or two before I have time to start picking at it. The truck had 192k on it, but the turbo is not original, so it has less miles than that.

actually regarding radiator, cant really use it because the inlet and outlet are on opposite sides.
Just a quick look at it doesn't seem like it would be that hard with some custom plumbing. Then again the newer rad has plastic tanks and doesn't look any bigger, so the old one is probably better. 31 years old and it still looks fine.

I probably won't ever do it, but could the 6.9 be made to RELIABLY make the same 325hp and 560tq that the 6.0 came with stock? I think that would be hilarious.

I wonder if there is any way I can get it legally titled as an '84. Some kind of salvage/assembled vehicle/street rod or whatever. Or for that matter just keep calling it an 84 and don't tell anybody. It's never going to be insured for anything more than the minimum the law requires. I'll just think of it as an elaborate "body kit". Is it illegal to cut the VIN off my '84 cab, scrap the rest, and weld the VIN to the new cab? It would be obviously "tampered" with, but, I'm still the legal owner of all the parts either way.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 6.9 can and does make 350 horse and 600 foot pounds reliably. Thats 300 horse at the wheels, there are definitly a few good documented cases of guys laying down 300/700+ at the wheels. Justins NA block lost a rod at 400 wheel horse (at 50 psi boost mind you..), but 400 horse at the wheel is ~460 wheel horse (15% drivetrain loss). If it was decompressed it probably would have lived, this was stock static 21.5:1 compression

with my current set up I should be at or near 300 whp and 600+ foot pounds. I can live with that :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online