On the road again

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am finally on my way back to Virginia. Truck and trailer loaded. I am in Baton Rouge at the moment. I weighed everything before loading it and the total was 7550 lbs minus the 10.25 axle (for Michael Fowler) which was too wide and high (has tires)for the scale I was using to weigh on. Trailer is probably 4000 lbs (+ or -?)

I will be heading to Atlanta later and then Virginia the following day. I can tell you this. My EGT's are HIGH:eek: running 850-950 through Louisiana @ 60with a headwind. 700+ without headwind. I am concerned about what they'll be once I start climbing some hills. Oh well I am really wishing I could have found time to install the turbo before I left. Didn't happen unfortunately.

Tru-Cool 4739 is doing it's job. Trans temps running 145-150. It did get up to 195 while I was in Houston traffic. I guess I'll be looking for a small fan to put on the cooler for traffic situations.

I am a little nervous due to the "Thook" that recently started but everythings running well and consistent so I'll just roll with it and hope for the best.

I got some pictures of the load and all I got to say is "and they moved to beverly........ hills that is"

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Cool man, good luck with the pull ;Sweet. I would just take the hills with the rpm's high, it always seems that my truck has lower egt's up high compared to kinda lugging it down low. Whats the overall weight of the truck/trailer? Those EGT's do seem high, hows the air filter in that thing? You might want to rig up a quick Zig air or something, that'll help with the EGT's some.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I was out running empty yesterday EGT's were 650 at 70 mph. I think your about right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online