New to diesel, looking forward to being a member here...

N.E fjord-by-fjord 2fiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all.. Up here in western Maine, and just last week I finally got my first diesel rig... It's a '94 Ford F250 XLT supercab 4x4 with a 7.3L IDI Turbo. I really love it already, and I'm looking forward to upgrading several different areas of the vehicle. Only 160k on her, and plenty more to go! Every time I go on the internet and search for information on Google about diesels, diesel issues, mods, etc... Almost all roads lead to this site. Every time I browse the site I learn something new, and just from reading the posts I have it really sounds like the people on here are genuinely invested in helping each other get the most out of their vehicles, whether its just a toy, or a work rig.

I don't see the bickering and trash talking that some forums have... and I gotta say that's pretty appealing. As a newbie to "diesel life", I would feel hesitant to post things on other sites for fear of being mocked or condescended to... but not here. I gotta give credit to the existent members here and say I think you're doing a great job!

So yeah... anyway. I'm about to go post my first question(s), and I'm excited to see what kind of responses I'll get!

Thanks again everyone for making this place feel so welcoming...

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes welcome, i came for the same reason you did, no drama everywhere, cant stand that on other sites, its nice to actually ask a question even if its a dumb one or obvious one and get help and not get made fun of for it,

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Post up more pics of your ford when you can.

887.3DirtyD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome grasshopper to the world of oil burners. As noted before, the idi section sees a good deal of traffic and info.