New CJ-4 Rated Oils Now Available From Amsoil

MJ Synthetics

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
The new DME 15W-40 CJ-4 and newly reformulated DEO 5W-40 oils for 2007 + LSD motors with DPF are now available from Amsoil. The TBN has been raised from 8.45 to 10.4 in the DEO 5W-40. For both oils the guarateed extended drain interval is 3x the OEM recommendation up to 50k miles or 600 hours and further with oil analysis from Oil Analyzers Lab.

What do I mean by 3x the OEM drain interval? If your trucks manual says 7500 mile OCI you will now be able to go 22.5k miles on the new oils. The 3x OEM is guaranteed with any oil filter so long as the oil filter is changed at the OEM recommended intervals. For instance if your OEM recommended OCI is 7500 and you don't use an Amsoil EAO filter guaranteed for 25k miles then you need to change your brand filter at 7500 miles to retain the warranty from Amsoil for 22.5k miles. If you are able to use an Amsoil EAO 25k mile filter you can go the whole 22.5k miles on that one filter and retain the warranty for 3x the OEM OCI or in this scenario 22.5k miles.

I didn't want to bore you all by copying and pasting the information from the Amsoil site so I will put links to each oil below for you to read about each oil. If you have questions feel free to ask them. If I don't know the answer I will call and get the answer for you.

Refomulated: DEO 5W-40 CJ-4 Rated Oil
New: DME 15W-40 CJ-4 Rated Oil

Thank you for taking the time to look in.

Dane