Needed Super duty grille

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to find a basic black plastic super duty grille(99 - 04). Nothing fancy no need to be covered with chrome. Have one you replaced ......... let me know.

Its ok if there is "minor" damage to the unit. I am going to be cutting it and reshaping it to make a mould to pull a fiberglass part off to make a one off front end for my Bronco.

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
for what year superduty?

i have one that will fit a 99 to 04, but it is chrome on the outer parts and the dull charcoal color on the inner part.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for what year superduty?

i have one that will fit a 99 to 04, but it is chrome on the outer parts and the dull charcoal color on the inner part.

I suppose the chrome can be sanded off or removed some how....and ya the 99 - 04 model grille is what I want to use. How much?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose the chrome can be sanded off or removed some how

You don't want to sand the chrome off just to make a mold. The smoother the pattern surface is, the better it will be for making a good mold and releasing out of it.

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
I suppose the chrome can be sanded off or removed some how....and ya the 99 - 04 model grille is what I want to use. How much?

it has no emblem, but it sounds like you dont need it.

i would take 40.00 and i'll take care of S&H.

just send me a PM if you are interested.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't want to sand the chrome off just to make a mold. The smoother the pattern surface is, the better it will be for making a good mold and releasing out of it.

I understand your thinking, it's just not going to work well for my application.

Having tooled for about 7 years in fiberglass, I figure that getting the chrome off because the unit will be cut and rejoined for a special application is a good idea. It makes more sense to sand the entire piece to the same consistency using a good sanding Gel/primer than to have Dissimilar surfaces and the marks those leave behind in the mold.

R & D to get that super duty front end look for my Bronco and its a basic one off piece though I may make it good enough to sell a "Pirmered" part out of.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand your thinking, it's just not going to work well for my application.

Having tooled for about 7 years in fiberglass, I figure that getting the chrome off because the unit will be cut and rejoined for a special application is a good idea. It makes more sense to sand the entire piece to the same consistency using a good sanding Gel/primer than to have Dissimilar surfaces and the marks those leave behind in the mold.

R & D to get that super duty front end look for my Bronco and its a basic one off piece though I may make it good enough to sell a "Pirmered" part out of.

OK that makes sense with the chopping and slicing you're going to do.

Just didn't want to see somebody not familiar with fiberglass work and getting a part released from a mold destroy all of their hard work getting the prototype out because of deep sand scratches in the whole grill making everything bond together.

There's enough of a following with these old trucks that I'm sure there is a market for a good looking grill like that, especially if the cost can be kept down and the price is reasonable enough for the average joe to afford. Good luck and post pics of the progress;Sweet