need help a.s.a.p.

lastbugle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Help I just changed the fuel filter I bled the fuel at the top of filter while cranking have good fuel flow there but the truck wont start doesn't sound like it even wants to try at all? any ideas what to try I have an appointment I need to get to in less than an hour, ran fine until I changed the fuel filter.
Thanks!!!!

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Crack an injector line till you get fuel there. It would be nice if you had a partner crank while you tighten the line when fuel seeps out. If it ran fine before, then its probably just an air issue.

lastbugle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I guess I panicked I let it sit for about ten minutes and tried again and it finally started I think I flooded it I guess you can do that to a diesel didnt know that. Thanks again!!!!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, you can't flood a diesel, unless you have real bad injectors.

The next time you swap a filter, pre-fill the new filter before screwing it on; THEN, don't mess with anything else; leave that Schraeder-valve and the injector lines ALONE; just fire it up.

What happens when you go to messing with "bleeding" the Schraeder and such is the pump then sucks in all that air and it won't start.

If it started fine before a filter swap and you only swap the filter with a PRE-FILLED filter, and didn't mess with anything else, the engine will never know the difference and will fire right off.;Sweet

In all the years I ran my old 6.9 (over half-a-million miles), I never resorted to "cracking" an injector-line and the cap was never removed from the Schraeder.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
you shouldnt ever have to crack the injector lines, i have run mine out of fuel all i do is crank it for a few seconds then stop let the starter rest the keep reapeting then about the 2nd-3rd try mine will fire right up

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't prefill my filter when I change it, but I've got an electric fuel pump. After I change filters I just turn the key on for a few seconds and let it fill it back up and then start as normal. This is much easier when you are forced to change a filter on the side of a road , or in my case in a gas station parking lot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online