Need Body Parts for a 73-80 Chevy.

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a truck that my Grandpa bought in the early '80's. The story behind it is this: Santa Fe railroad in Newton Kansas bought brand new in '75 a C30 Cheyenne SRW Chassis-Cab with a 350 and 4 speed with unit #106 assigned to it. While it served for Santa Fe it had a mechanic's bed with hoist on it. They retired the truck in '79 and sold it (sans bed) to the Detroit Diesel-Allison Service Center (also) in Newton KS. There it underwent a massive transformation where the 350 and 4 speed was removed, and a Detroit 4-53, and Allison 540 took it's place. Grandpa bought 106 from the center in '81, and used it regularly until '94. When they moved from KS to OH 106 was the main workhorse in the move because it got good fuel mileage, and in '88, Diesel was still much cheaper than gas. From '94 to '99 it sat idle until it was moved to where it is now.
Sadly, over the past 11 years, the body has rotted away to nothing around itself. The frame is sound, engine needs new injectors, and interior is salvageable. I have taken it on as a restoration project, and have had dismal luck finding a cab and bed close to home.
This is where I beg help from my friends here at OB.
I'm looking for a Cab for a '73-'80 Chevy/GMC and a bed for a 73-87. Location really isn't important, price and condition is.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I might be able to help you on that one. Lots of cheap(er) rust free trucks down here. PM me with what all you need and how much you want to spend, and I'll see what I can find.

Aaaaaand I just realized that this wasn't posted a few days ago. Didn't look at the year. Whoops. ;Really

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online