MIl P0402

tom877

Reaction score
Here's a good one! After installation of an AFE stage 2 I popped and mil due to P0402-excessive egr flow. Reset code 3 times, every time code comes back after 3 drive cycles. Removed afe and reset code, no problem for 2,000 miles. Just to be sure I wasn't nuts, reinstalled AFE and back came the code during the 3rd drive cycles. Truck is 05 f250 4x4 cc sb at stock. :backoff

FLRin29

VIRUS FREE!
Reaction score
Yup,The AFE is popping codes,I hear they're workin on some kind of fix but I don't know

SeeYa

OB Vendor/ DP-Tuner
Reaction score
tom877 said:
Here's a good one! After installation of an AFE stage 2 I popped and mil due to P0402-excessive egr flow. Reset code 3 times, every time code comes back after 3 drive cycles. Removed afe and reset code, no problem for 2,000 miles. Just to be sure I wasn't nuts, reinstalled AFE and back came the code during the 3rd drive cycles. Truck is 05 f250 4x4 cc sb at stock. :backoff

I know that some have done the EGR mod you may want to do a search on it and what people have done and the results of it. I do know that with the New SCT Xcal2 your programmer has the ability to disable the EGR code.

Hope this helps.

tom877

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the quick replies. Ive been looking a the Xcal2, any feedback on that would be appreciated.

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my xcal2 today. it is the best mod I have ever had. I believe me I have had ALOT of mods