Looking for trans opinion

Maddogeast

Reaction score
John Woods is building my trans. But a friend says that a fleet rebuilder. atreman transmission in IL is a national known supplier. I called for the hell of it They sell a HD towing E40D 2 wd with3yr 100,000 warranty. For $ 1395. Check their website. Can't find any reviews. Anyone dealt with them? I'm staying with J Woods. Econo $ 3900

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
John Woods is building my trans. But a friend says that a fleet rebuilder. atreman transmission in IL is a national known supplier. I called for the hell of it They sell a HD towing E40D 2 wd with3yr 100,000 warranty. For $ 1395. Check their website. Can't find any reviews. Anyone dealt with them? I'm staying with J Woods. Econo $ 3900

Spend the coin on J Woods. He is not a cheap bulk rebuilder.

For $1400 buck there is not a lot of new stuff in the case. Gaskets, seals, frictions, and a pump will run you around $1300. Add about $1500. for steels and quality hard parts.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spend the coin on J Woods. He is not a cheap bulk rebuilder.

For $1400 buck there is not a lot of new stuff in the case. Gaskets, seals, frictions, and a pump will run you around $1300. Add about $1500. for steels and quality hard parts.

since it's already a '95 spec,are more hard part upgrades necessary though? (for stock power level trucks of course i mean.)

Maddogeast

Reaction score
I don't think either one is a bad choice. I'll post next month when it comes. I'm more nervous with the shipping from Ca to Ct. Hope no damage.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That trans weighs around 270 to 300 on a pallet. Shipping cost from CA to CT has to be $$$$$$$$$. If you can use ABS trucking, they are the cheapest. I shipped an engine 1200# from OH to MA for IIRC $450. http://www.abfs.com/

Maddogeast

Reaction score
JW is taking care of it. The cost for shipping is $ 250. Hope it's the same shipping back the core. The wife thinks I'm crazy but I just can't justify putting in a ford reman for 2 grand and it will be a POS. And I don't trust the tranny shops around my area. The truck is only used for vacations towing my tow hauler that weighs about 9 k loaded up. Don't want to think about tranny problems in the middle of no where. Not saying **** doesn't happen but John Woods does have a good following . Gonna keep my truck as long as I can so hopefully it's worth it

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
since it's already a '95 spec,are more hard part upgrades necessary though? (for stock power level trucks of course i mean.)

There are other upgrades that quality rebuilders will do to their builds. Anything from billet to cryo stock components. Depends on what the owner wants to do. Even if the truck is stock I would go with a billet input shaft and freeze the forward drum. What most builders are doing now is using 4R100 guts in the E4OD case. Except the forward drum. The E4 drum is fully splined. Where the 4R100 is only partially splined. Stripped splines are common on 4R100's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online