Jeep to offer first full-size diesel SUV in the U.S.

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
Click Here For The Story

The 2007 Grand Cherokee will be offered with a 3.0-liter common rail turbo diesel engine built at a Mercedes-Benz plant in Berlin. The vehicle will be built at the Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit. ( for one year only) probably cookoo

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this goes over much better than thier attempt to roll out the Liberty with the Diesel. :puke: That was a total flop.

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read the article.
I guess that the Liberty w/Diesel has sold according to Chryslers projections, but I know that the 3 that were at a local dealership could not be given away.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Nice. Jeep will sell a diesel engine wrapped in a piece of $#!+ :puke: just like the awsome Cummins engine whapped... LOL

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
Don't know about the Cherokee being a piece of crap ....

I sold mine for over 11K after it rolled 125k miles....

pretty expensive crap :)

but it was the 5.9 Limited and I didn't have a bit of problems with it other than less mpg than my diesel Excursion :)

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Other than cheaply built, poor suspension that is dangerous when the shocks get worn, and way to noisy for a vehicle of the late 90's my sisters is just junk compared to my 1985 F350, but wha'd ya expect from chryco LOL price has nothing to do with quallity :eek: people like the name "Jeep" and pay extra for it, my aunt buys Jeep after Jeep without ever looking at the competition cookoo ;Really :rolleyes:

IHWillys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the Suburban is too big to be called an SUV? It was offered in diesel form about 15 years ago for about 10 years of subsequent production.

And if the 'Burb is too big to be a full-size SUV, then wouldn't the Tahoe be considered so? It was offered in diesel as well so I don't see how anything being introduced in 2007 could be the "first full-size diesel SUV in the U.S."

Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online