is this good are bad

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
today i filled up my front fuel tank to found out what mpgs im geting and turns out im geting 13.76 mpg in the city.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
depends on how you drive. my city commute averages 11 but i have to stop and start what seems like every 200 ft for a traffic light or some idiot that stopped in the middle of the road to make a left hand turn. So its usually lots of slowing down and lots of mashing on the go pedal.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That ain't bad at all considering it's winter fuel, city driving, and a super cab 4x4 truck.

i dont think its winter fuel. we have the nice spring weather right now. and ive hot roding it some and leting idle alot. it probly idled for about 90 min on that tank of fuel.

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
Sounds pretty good for what it is. FWIW I've been complaining about mine getting 7 to 11 mpg. I used some Lucas diesel injector cleaner @ about double the recommended dosage for two tanks. Checked it yesterday and averaged 14.9 !!!!!!! That was just runnin' around town. I'm impressed! I'm wondering if a set of Warn (or similar) hubs would be worth the investment.

Chuck

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty good for what it is. FWIW I've been complaining about mine getting 7 to 11 mpg. I used some Lucas diesel injector cleaner @ about double the recommended dosage for two tanks. Checked it yesterday and averaged 14.9 !!!!!!! That was just runnin' around town. I'm impressed! I'm wondering if a set of Warn (or similar) hubs would be worth the investment.

Chuck
ive been using power service from wally world double dose every tank. my truck has the stock lock out hubs

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got ~14mpg today on my truck, all city driving/suburbia and B100 homebrew which takes about a 10% BTU penalty compared to diesel. Truck is x-cab F250, T18, 2wd ATS non gated kit. 13.76 is not bad, but it could be better. Seems like some people get 17 in town and 20 on the highway and others can't get 15 in town and 18 on the highway consistently. I have never been able to figure out why.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got ~14mpg today on my truck, all city driving/suburbia and B100 homebrew which takes about a 10% BTU penalty compared to diesel. Truck is x-cab F250, T18, 2wd ATS non gated kit. 13.76 is not bad, but it could be better. Seems like some people get 17 in town and 20 on the highway and others can't get 15 in town and 18 on the highway consistently. I have never been able to figure out why.
yeah it could be better but it needs a fuel system and it n/a but it geting a WHOLE lot better than my dodge with the v10 its lucky to get 12 mpg on the highway with the cruise on in the city it get about 6 mpg:puke:

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
he said he was think about put on lock out hubs to try to improve his mpg. auto hubs make the front axle always "locked in" causing more wear and tear less mpgs

These trucks aren't Dodges.......the hubs unlock when the front end is not engaged via the transfer case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online