Interior work pending...

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I've really gotten the truck running and driving pretty nice, I got the blessing from the wife to move some things around and free up the cash to fix up the interior a bit. I want to go with captains with electric adjustment and adjustable lumbar, probably from a king ranch. I know this has been done with a minimum of modification in a crew cab, but am not sure how the supercab floor differs. I am looking hard at a set of king ranch front seats and finding a similar color marine vinyl for the rear bench. I considered going with lariat seats because I thought I could save some money and still get nice leather, but the price difference is negligible really. Another concern is how out of place these huge seats will look in my truck, I know they're bigger...So that's objective A.

Objective B concerns the console. Right now on ebay, there is a pair of front captains and the center console from an 04-08 f150 KR for $750 (a screaming deal IMO) with the console shifter. I think I would like to make the console shifter functional... I saw where this has been done, but I just want to go over what will be necessary to make this work. I know I'll have to bring the shift cable to it, as well as wires for Reverse lights, neutral safety, and the overdrive cancel button (As well as an LED for the light installed somewhere. I've seen pics of this, and it looks pretty nice, if not a bit cramped. The only thing I don't like is that I lose a seat up front and make the back even harder to get to. So the question here is, do the electric seats have a manual lever to lean the seat forward and slide, or will I be stuck using the electric motor to move the seat every time? Leaving the console out all together and going with something else will leave a aisle of sorts to access the back seat, which is already a gymnastic exercise to get to.

I am also not necessarily opposed to going with a high quality aftermarket seat designed for this truck. That would certainly cut down on the custom fabbery (I am fine with custom work, but the cost of bolt in jobs is much more....predictable LOL). I have seen some pretty nice looking options on here and other forums in my researching.

So: Opinions on seating options, and the fitment of the big-honkin SD seats in an old body style and the feasibility of using the console shifter....

Happy memorial day guys, and thanks to the soldiers who serve and the families who wait for them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk