Injector Cap O-ring Durometer

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting your findings, only downside I can see for the softer o rings is the price, they’re about 5 times the conventional ones

banderso

Reaction score
Well, problem not solved. Hard start today. After driving, found that the cap on injector one had popped up again and I had a puddle of fuel at that injector. Pulled the cap off, o rings looked good. So I just lubed it again and re installed the cap.

All the caps seem to be able to move up and down just a hair. Cap on injector one can move farther. Might be just be popping up with vibration.

And ideas what's going on here?

banderso

Reaction score
Some have placed a oring on top under the line to somewhat hold them down.

Wow, what an awesome reply. That's exactly what I was considering. Seems like it would work perfectly, but feels a little like a hillbilly fix. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks again.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The o ting placed between the cap and the hard line nut really has worked well for a few with issues like yours. As for the hard starts you might replace the filter feed line nut seals. They are in the line to the filter at the filter head and both ends of the injection pump feed line.

banderso

Reaction score
I've continued have trouble with fuel leaking from the cylinder 1 cap and long crank times. Today I decided to try using one of my caps for cylinder 1. I pulled the new one off and noticed there's no hole to the center of it. That can't be right, can it?
You must be registered for see images attach

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't be right? Well, let me ask a question in return: How does the excess fuel get out of the injector and into the return line? :sly

Short answer is, no, it's not right, that's a defective cap!

banderso

Reaction score
Final follow up on this issue in case some one find it by searching or something.

Replaced the defective cap with one of my old ones, and now the truck fires up instantly after sitting for over a week. Problem solved. Thanks to everyone for the help.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow thats an interesting find for a no start issue. So I learned something and thats to check for open holes in EVERY cap from no on. Thanks..