I need air...

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
500$? Might be low on that guess but considering compressor replacements are around a grand last time i asked a shop...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
OK folks, want to know why VOVs blow out??? Its because they get installed on DIRTY AC systems that should have been flushed and had filters installed after a compressor failure , but instead get just poked in because some folks seem to think that the orifice tube IS a filter. It might have been done 10 years before you got the truck, but any signs of a dirty system is cause for a full flush and filters
I have NEVER had a single one of my installations fail with them , and I've been putting those suckers in for a long time. When all else fails, follow instructions.

The VOV was invented by the very same person who invented the fixed orifice tube for the first clutch cycling orifice tube system He did it to correct the problems inherrent with the original fixed orifice tube system, and he did a bang up job., but like all modifications, they take some skill to work with. Once installed all standard pressure charts go to the four winds and you just have to feel the the charge in. and enjoy the cold

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Do you think you can find a link to Some of those filters? The thing I'm worried about is if they require line modifications, or do they just slip into one ifthe hoses somewhere?

Something like this?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/_/N-91u1a?checkfit=true&itemIdentifier=946933

Ive never used one of those compression fitting type filters. THey have a bad reputation
You want the type that crimp into your existing rubber hose. If you dont own a crimper( most dont( you can take it to an ac shop and have it crimped into the hose. Go to your parts store and have them look in the AC parts catalog, they will have access to them,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828