I have a reputation????

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, if I'm going to play with the toys I guess I'm going to have to do it late at night huh?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see it but I'm pretty sure there is a vbulletin ratings system for the moderators to grade us based on our contribution to the site. :rotflmao

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*** said:
I don't see it but I'm pretty sure there is a vbulletin ratings system for the moderators to grade us based on our contribution to the site. :rotflmao
I removed it again, its not something I am sure I want to enable yet. Its not only the moderators that grade you based upon contributions, but your peers have the ability to either add to or take away from your rep level as well....... In essence if it got bad enough, they could vote you off the island.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In essence if it got bad enough, they could vote you off the island.

;Sweet I like it.. might not survive long but I like the idea anyway.

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
other sites have tried it and it's next to impossible to police it...

one idjut can ruin your rep....

just like one phone call to child protective services..... sorta like real life, eh ?

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rcannon said:
say boss,
what's up with the new little do-hicky underneath my avatar whatchajigger? :confused: The one that says "add to Rcannons reputation?"

thanking you .... :hail

What did it have? You are a male gigilo? :rotflmao :rotflmao

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
other sites have tried it and it's next to impossible to police it...

one idjut can ruin your rep....

just like one phone call to child protective services..... sorta like real life, eh ?

I agree. One of the boards I used to frequent had it. They finally ditched it, because of all the troubles.

One case I remember, was Member#1 getting dinged by Member#2, for some unknown reason. So the moderator gave M1 a prop, and M2 a ding, to even it out. Then M2 was angry, because he felt M1 deserved to be dinged. It wasn't long after that, that the rep system was scrapped.

There were threads started by members who thought they were getting hosed on props, and dinged unfairly. Basically, all it did was detract from the basic function of the board, and create an opportunity for more drama.

IMHO, It would be entirely counter-productive, given the reconstruction of The Battlegrounds/The Refinery, and the clarification on that subject, by the managment.

Oh, no! There I go giving my opinion again. :rotflmao

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PackRat said:
I agree. One of the boards I used to frequent had it. They finally ditched it, because of all the troubles.

One case I remember, was Member#1 getting dinged by Member#2, for some unknown reason. So the moderator gave M1 a prop, and M2 a ding, to even it out. Then M2 was angry, because he felt M1 deserved to be dinged. It wasn't long after that, that the rep system was scrapped.

There were threads started by members who thought they were getting hosed on props, and dinged unfairly. Basically, all it did was detract from the basic function of the board, and create an opportunity for more drama.

IMHO, It would be entirely counter-productive, given the reconstruction of The Battlegrounds/The Refinery, and the clarification on that subject, by the managment.

Oh, no! There I go giving my opinion again. :rotflmao
Thats one of the reasons I have wanted to stay away from using it here.

rubberfish

Reaction score
What ever it is your talking about, scrap it.
Sounds like it's for cry babies, got enough of them at work.
Don't need to put up with that here too. :cry: :cry: :cry: