Hp-torque advise?

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you order a medium duty truck, you can "pick your adventure" as far as engine/trans go. So.. they standardized bell patterns.

SAE 2 and 3 were the most common medium duty patterns. The back of the IDI is SAE2, as is the DT. Why? IH motors, they got swipped and swapped. Ford then put on an adapter, that uses the bulk of the SAE 2 holes, and adds two large "big Block" pattern holes.

Thanks for the drawing;Sweet very discriptive, so does that mean that the 5 speed will mount right up, or would I still need an adapter of some sort.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should be able to pull the adapter off your IDI, and bolt it to ht eback fo the DT, and good to go.

My internal argument with that, si the guy that did the dt360 swap on PowerJoke NAtion, spent cash on an adapter to mate his E40d... if it was as simple as I said, he would not have had to do that, me thinks

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should be able to pull the adapter off your IDI, and bolt it to ht eback fo the DT, and good to go.

My internal argument with that, si the guy that did the dt360 swap on PowerJoke NAtion, spent cash on an adapter to mate his E40d... if it was as simple as I said, he would not have had to do that, me thinks

This is good news, Thank you for being patient and telling me in black and white what I was askin, Preciate it. ;Sweet

12vctd

Reaction score
well i respect your drive, and the project will be both a hassle but a great time. I have personally seen a truck back in 2000 that had the dt 466 swapped in it was cherry, sadly i lost contanct with the owner or I would pass his info on to you. He doesn't do the internet thou, or id look for that. But his choice of transmissions was a eaton fuller feeding a divorced np-205. truck was a 90's model CC 4x4. HE had alcan build a spring pack for the front he said his hardest issue was the pure lenght to the motor, and he intercooled his. I know he completely removed the firewal then rebuilt to fit what he needed. He took his time and did it fairly cheap. best of luck to you and POST PICS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online