Hey There!

kninejk

Reaction score
Hey There!
Hello All, being new on this forum I thought I would say hi and mention some about my truck. I have a 2004 Ford F-350 Superduty with what some, ok a lot of people say is the dreaded 6.0 motor. I bought the truck new in June of ’04 brand new not knowing about the issues of the 6.0, I guess I should have done more research. I just assumed like most I would guess that it’s a Powerstroke so it’s got be good right? I was one of the unlucky ones when the truck had about 50k or so on the odometer and almost 5 years old the EGR cooler let go. Being still under warranty the local Ford dealership took care of me and my truck with what I will call 5 star service and made everything right and the truck was on the road again. Fast forward to December 2020 and more issues arose but not with the EGR cooler this time it was an intermittent no start issue which after deeper diagnostics showed failing injectors, glow plugs and a faulty FICM (also had a faulty transmission temp sensor). So, since I had every intention on keeping this truck for many more years and since after over 16 years on the road, sort of, and only 100k on the odometer and still a very clean sharp looking Ford Superduty I decided to have it bulletproofed. I went to a local very reputable independent shop and had the work done to the motor and added a SCT X4 programmer just for a little boost in performance but not to get carried away. This is a much cheaper way to go than buying another truck especially since I knew the history. The truck runs smoother and quite a bit more snappy than it was completely stock and I’m very happy with the outcome several months later. Unfortunately the truck just had what I have researched to be an all too common starter issue where the bottom starter bolt is AWOL and the top two bolt Flanges have snapped off so the starter rocks in the mounting hole and does not engage the flywheel fully. I replaced the bottom “larger” bolt as a get by fix but will be getting the starter replaced soon. I attempted a replacement but the top bolt is in such an inaccessible location that I finally gave up and will bite the bullet and have the shop do the work. Not being a young buck anymore sometimes it’s just easier and simpler to let someone else do the work and this is one of those times I’m afraid. I’m looking forward to reading everyone’s posts and seeing what’s up with other Superduty owners and their trucks. Take care and stay safe everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac

Staff online