Here's a new one...rat(s) in the CAB

Mad Maxine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, so I got an unpleasant surprise yesterday when I got in my truck...RAT droppings...A LOT of them. Double-U-TEE-EFF?!?!

Looks like the damn thing gnawed through the fan cowling (the interior one, for the recirc.) But, how in the hell did it get that far? Found droppings on top of the fan box under the hood, but cannot see any entrance.

Anyone else had this ridiculous problem?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never quite that bad. Had one in the HVAC system in my old Chevy once. Not sure how he got in either...

pafixitman

Reaction score
I have mice issues with my Jeep. When I got the vehicle 3 years ago it had a nest under the back seat. Just 2 weeks ago I discovered a missing firewall plug and severely gnawed connectors under the hood. My son swears he has seen one run along the tranny tunnel on the inside of the vehicle. Once I get the throttle cable replaced (plastic connector at the tb was completely gone - mice?) the wife will start driving it more and that should eliminate some issues.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My shuttle bus had mice in it...ended up gutting the entire inside because they were in between the inner fiberglass and outer fiberglass shell...in the insulation. Found droppings in the engine compartment and all over the damn place. I had planned on gutting it anyway but it would have been nice to be able to leave the ceiling intact. I used Tootsie Rolls molded on the bait plate of snap traps to get rid of them.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not new to me. We have to move a car every other day or the pests move in and eat the wires. I have several rat zappers and get at least 1 a day.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My heater didn't work well when I got my truck, then heater core was leaking. Went to change heater core and found near from rat or mouse pAcked all kinda of crap into there and blocked off the ducts most the way and moiture that trapped into the nest are my heater core and caused the leak. Truck sat for ten years about before I got it this was discovered few months after driving

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online