heater selector

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I cant get airflow from anywhere except the dash panel. How do I fix this so I can have air on the floor and defrost mode?

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
Might have a door hung up or hinge broken. Should default to defrost/floor I believe with no vacuum applied, if that doesn't happen, will probably require some surgery :sorry:
James

John Deere

Reaction score
I just went through this problem on my '78, seems a mouse made a nest in my ducts, all I could get air out of was the A/C vents. I broke it all loose with compressed air, then let the fan blow it to the defrost vents,, where i had to keep removing the pieces. I still keep getting pieces coming out from time to time.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with both my trucks for two different reasons. On the project IDI truck, the hinges where sticking and one was cracked. Replaced the plastic hinges with metal ones, Pop-rivited on, no more problem.

On the gasser, there was a vaccum leak and it couldn't produce enough vaccum to open and close the door to redirect the flow of air.

Don't know if that helps you, but at least you know of a couple of places to start looking I guess.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726