headlight mod

gunnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finished the headlight mod with relays, i also installed a set of sylvia silverstar st. my brights are real good but my dims are almost yellow and not what i expected. any ideas on what i could have done wrong?
thanks, gunnie

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You got it close on the name nut is silvania I think LOL Now where are You connecting the positive wire? Mine are always bright (new headlights) and the high beams are very bright. I bought the kit from summit where do You got it?

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Is it possible that You wired it wrong .It is possible to ground through both filliments of the high & low beam-they will work but be very dim.In other words does the power wind up going through either the high beam filiment to the low beam filiment then to ground? gorund is usually between the high beam filiment and the low beam filiment.so power (12V +)is aplied to ethier high through to ground or The low beam through to ground.Help me make it clearer guys.

gunnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didn't buy a kit, just ran hot wires from starter relay thru fuses to to the relays for the headlights then both high beams to one relay and low beams to the other relay, grounded both relays to chassis and use my hi and low switch to activate whichever relay i want to use. i will check the volts and also try switching wires to activate relays see if that makes any difference
thanks. oh yeah, sometimes my mind works faster than my fingers so spelling isn't always 100%
gunnie

gunnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wanted to let everyone know i put new plugin sockets on today and the problem went away
thks, gunnie