fuel leak

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
changed the fuel filter and drained the water and now i have a fuel leak underthe engine. is this seperator prone to leaking? is there something i should check? no evidence of fuel on top of the engine.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Is the fuel leak from the underside....small tube on the right front of eng?

Kinda hard to see.....most add a small section of rubber tubing to extend it and allow easier collection ....instead of getting fuel all over the frame.

When you "drained the water" , did you make sure the yellow tab returned completly to the closed position?

Did you replace the square seal ring on the cap and make sure it sits square ....

Did you use just a replacement filter or get one of the "filter/cap" combos....they are prone to:puke: ....-cuss

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i got a filter from NAPA and used the existing cap. i replaced all the gaskets. i can't see and evidence of fuel leaking from the filter area or gaskets but i haven't gotten under the truck yet to confirm it's leaking from the hose. i plan to extend the hose down, i wonder why they didn't do that stock.

i checked and double checked the yellow lever was closed but i'll check it again.

thanks for the reply.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i read somewhere about someone replacing the o-rings in the filter drain?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
definitly the filter's water drain. dealer wants $55 for the part. are there any cheaper options? this thing leaks 2-3 drops a second when the engine's running.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Replace the O rings. Your favorite auto parts store should have them. I don't remember the size. For a quick repair get a short section of hose 2 hose clamps and a bolt. Shove the hose on the drain tube. Shove the bolt in the hose. Tighten the hose clamps on the drain tube and bolt.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online