FS: F-350 crew cab dually long bed manual - rust free oooooohhh

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Time to part with this one. My new job just does not allow me the time to work on it. I never know until friday night if i'm going to be working the weekend, so i can never plan to get it together. Time to just let it go. It's a shame, most of y'all know i didn't spare any cost on this truck when it came time to replace things, finally got it running great, got the rear brakes done, and that darn rear hub locked up. Truck goes like hell, no issues with power that's for sure. No accidents, clean carfax, last mileage report on it said 108,000 so i reckon the odometer is correct at 186xxx or so if i remember right. not bad considering it's got a reman engine in it not even a year old now.

some specs:

1986 f-350 crew cab long bed dually 6.9 with manual 4spd.
reman long block
New glow plugs
Reman steering box
Borgeson (sp?) steering shaft
New GP setup
New alternator,
New OEM Ford Radiator,
New clutch MC (firewall reinforcement plate installed)
New heater core,
New clutch (South Bend),
New u joints,
New king pins,
New TREs,
Six new tires Goodyear wrangler duratrac, (going to want to spin the drivers side rear opposite of eachother due to a flat spot from the hub locking up. i can do this for sure you if need to),
New brakes all the way around,
Tints,
New exhaust (header back) 2 into 1, straight pipe 2.5" with tip coming out in stock location
Gosh, i can't even remember what else. Plenty i'm forgetting i'm sure.

Interior is good, some rips in the top of the rear seat, cracked dash pad (like most of our trucks), obviously the rear hub is locked up. Swap the whole axle or if you have the patience and expertise to pull the hub off, you're good to go. It's plumbed for manual tank valves, though it's hooked up direct to one tank right now. There's some odds and ends that you'll come across from the previous owner, I straightened out most of it.

Offers considered, i'm about an hour south of nashville.

Attachments

• truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 29
  • truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image_13.jpeg
    image_13.jpeg
    778.2 KB · Views: 30
  • image(7).jpeg
    image(7).jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 32
  • image(6).jpeg
    image(6).jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 31
  • image(5).jpeg
    image(5).jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 37
  • image(4).jpeg
    image(4).jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 32
  • image(3).jpeg
    image(3).jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lot of bites on craigslist but no one with cash yet.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it listed locally for $3,000obo. Gotta go by next week.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup :( sucks, but time just isn't there for me to get to it. it'll be sweet when it's rolling again, it's an awesome truck after all the hell it gave me to get here.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really have a sweet truck there. Too bad the hub is as it is.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, but i'd also be selling it for a lot more if i fixed it already lol. Someone from the rust belt was like "sorry its only worth $1000 thats all im gonna offer" i was like yeah no. i know what 1,000 gets you in the rust belt lol

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump! 24 hours til ebay auction close!

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be around, probably more so after the move. Once things get settled down i'm definitely back in the market for another Ford pickup. Haven't thought far enough into it to decide what it'll be. I have noticed some IDIs on craigslist though....

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a tough call right now. The simplicity of the IDI is nice. There's only so many things to go wrong, and parts are fairly cheap...If I go powerstroke i would be 05+ so obviously the con there is $$$ for the truck itself plus when things go wrong. But, it would be nice to have a truck I can faithfully rely on more often than being afraid of. I test drove an 06 and an 08 f-350 a few weeks ago, and boy is it a different animal. The interior room was amazing, and they sure felt solid all the way around. But when something breaks on them, i likely need another loan!