FS: 1951 Pontiac

gandalf

Reaction score
This grand old classic is a prime example of it's time. It is part of my mother's estate, and prior to that was owned by another little old lady. So, it has been owned by little old ladies for at least 35 to 40 years, and has been on a coastal island in Maine for all that time. It is in surprisingly good shape, considering.

This is, I believe, a Chieftain. It has a straight 8 engine and Hydromatic transmission. My mother had it repainted once. Being on a relatively small island (20 miles of road), it has low mileage. The odometer shows 2765 miles.

Issues: The car has not been driven in about four years. It ran well enough when last driven, but the starter has since frozen. There is a slow leak in the brake lines, so the brake fluid must be topped up every couple days. The headliner will need to be redone. It will almost beyond a doubt need a new battery, though last time I checked the current one did hold a charge.

The price for this beautiful old classic is $5000. True, it will need a bit of work to run, and even more to be in concours condition. It would be a fantastic and fun project.

Pictures: 1951 Pontiac

PM with any questions. I'll answer as best I can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online