Front end vibration

Ionus

Reaction score
I have a early 99 SD 7.3, my 4x4 is not working. I read the owners manual and found out my hub selections are lock and auto. I took it tonight to have new tires on the front, while I was there I decided to have him test all my relays and the motor or the plug on the transfercase to make sure I was getting power up to that point, we tested everything even hooked the scan tool up to make sure the 4x4 switch in the cab was sending signal to the computer. I got power to everything all the way to the tcase. My problem is when I switch the hubs over to auto I get crazy vibration from the front end, last time I switched it over from lock to auto and found this all out I switched the hubs back to the lock side and the vibration was gone, well tonight after doing this going from lock to auto and back to lock position I cannot get rid of the front end vibration. I tried switching it back and forth a few times and still nothing is working to get the front end to calm down, could this all be caused by the hubs themselves, would they alone cause all this vibration?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online