ford 6.9 fuel delivery problems

ktowntodd

Reaction score
Need Help!!!! I have a 84 Ford F350 with a 6.9 that seems to run out of fuel. It cranks up fine and idles fine but when I take off down the road, within a couple of miles it stall out. While trying to crank it back up I have pushed in the bleeder valve at the fuel filter housing and and get nothing but air to start with, then fuel finally comes thru and the motor starts runs a few more miles and stalls again. I have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump and even dropped the fuel tank and flushed it out trying to elimate a contamiation issue. I have also blew out the lines with air. I am at the end of my rope. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Ktowntodd.

ktowntodd

Reaction score
The lift pump that bolts to block below the vacuum pump was replaced today. The injector pump was replaced about 3 years ago and has about 25K miles on it. I have not checked the pressure at the bleeder valve and do not what it should be. Thanks, ktowntodd.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
did u replace both fuel filters there should be a water seperater filter on the drivers side bulk head firewall or did u check all ur fuel lines for leaks or hair line cracks sounds like ur sucking air and check for wet spots on all the lines

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have dual tanks? If so the vavle that changes the tanks from one to another is bad. Thats the same thing that happened to my truck! Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online