Floor?

jvencius

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good source for a complete rubber floor liner? I'm tired of trying to keep the carpet clean (Husky floor liners help a lot) and I'm wishing I had gone with the "carpet delete" option from the factory. Hell, if someone were interested in a trade and was close enough to meet up, I'm sure we could work something out. FWIW, I drive a 2002 Crew Cab gray interior (I think they called it Medium Flint for that model year), PSD, ZF-6 and a manual t-case. I checked Powerstrokeshop.com and a few other online Ford parts places but nobody had the rubber floor listed. I haven't yet called Chris (I think that's who I should talk to at Powerstrokeshop.com since Dale left) to check their prices but I would think shipping on something that large would be prohibitive. My carpet is in good shape with some staining around the driver's side front door sill and around the T-case lever. I haven't gotten the steam carpet cleaner out yet, so those stains may go away but I'm not sure yet. This isn't going to happen soon (I've got a lot of other projects for the truck before I go changing the flooring) but just for chits and grins I'd like to see how much of a project this will be.

Offrhoder4x4

Reaction score
Before I destroyed my '94 250 Xcab, I talked to Dale about vinyl flooring and they really couldn't give a good deal on it. I ended up getting the vinyl flooring from JCWhitney w/ free shipping.
The flooring is molded to the contours of the floor pretty well, and they cut it oversized to give you something to work with when fitting it around the edges of the cab. There are NO holes cut in it, so it's a bit of a PITA measuring and making sure where the holes go so it looks good. Doesn't hurt to have somebody there occassionally to help pull the vinyl into place.
It took me about a day to pull everything out of the cab, get the vinyl cut and set in place, and bolt everything back in. It came out really nice.

Just make sure you have a box of sharp razors...you'll need them. Unless you have a heated garage to do this in, I suggest you wait until summer because that stuff doesn't want to bend when cold. You might also consider installing some sound dampener to the floor before laying the vinyl.

jvencius

Reaction score
Well, this is good news. Just out of curiousity, this morning I called a small dealership in one of the outlying towns from Cheyenne (Wheatland, WY/Laramie Peak Motors) and they quoted me $160 (delivered) for a new vinyl floor liner so I had them order me one since apparently there are only two in-stock in the entire Ford parts system and they're both in Detroit. Another dealer I checked with down in CO wanted $249 for the same part so I passed them up and I didn't even think about what the in-town, no-good, lying, cheating, non-customer-friendly, worthless POS dealership would charge so I didn't even bother with calling them. The dealer I ended up going through said it would be a week or week-and-a-half until they get the flooring in, but that's no big deal since I've got the time. With what I figure I can possibly get for the carpet on Ebay, it'll be pretty close to even money when I'm done. I'll lose a few bucks for sure, but nothing like what I'd lose if I had to toss the carpet for being completely trashed or unusable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online