flat towing a motorhome

jocephus30

Reaction score
I have seen motorhomes hauling a car but would it be safe to flat tow a motorhome behind a truck. My situation is have tubo diesel 86 f350 crew cab dually and have a 1972 rv based on chevrolet p30 frame. I love my rv but family of 5 just not comfortabke taking it on long trips like i would like to go. My concern is the wierd dimemsions of the rv its like a class a but only about 22 feet long so tall and short. I have only towed live stock trailers amd fifthwheels but just was not sure if it was safe and with kids in the car for long distances. I know about needing to pull drive shaft when flat towing but anything more then that kind of clueless on.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a lot of RV'ing and still do, but I have never never seen a pickup towing an Class C motorhome. I've got a 84 Coachmen Leprecaun Class C 26' that weighs 11,000, not in my wildest dreams would I consider towing it. They don't even make a towbar for that weight, best towbar is a Demco rated for 10,500 lbs, thats about $1000 with fittings, then a Roadmaster brake system actuator is another $1600.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance