Extra Filters

OnTheEdge

Reaction score
Are you guys putting in a primary filter on your dmax's... I have a racor r60 on the frame, but I am not sure yu need it... Seems like that maybe a lot of hype....

Thanks!

OnTheEdge

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I alsao have a racor as a primary filter. Dunno if you need it but it sure is a little extra assurance that water will not get through......

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FM 100 lift pump with filter and water seperator, thro oem, thro JK mega filter and got back excellent
fuel report from Ave Lube. also installed push button to bleed all the air when you do a filter change
Geno

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geno,
You are the first i have read that is tripple filtering except for the guys with bed tanks... OMG.. You should have clean fuel... How much does it cost you to do a complete filter change in all three....

B

John R

Reaction score
I have a Racor pre OEM on my truck, don't know if I need it or not but it's cheep insurance.

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be running a secondary filter system in the near future. Been trying to figure out if it will be the FASS or Preporator. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM??????????????????

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bronc...
What the big deal with those... They seem like over priced filter systems....

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over priced filter systems????? That is the question I aim to answer. Guys that currently have NO secondary filtering might find these units affordable. But for the guys who already have a secondary filter it is kind of a stretch to reinvent the wheel.

The deal is they supposedly remove the air out of the fuel. It is claimed that this air will corrode or pit the injector. The picture from GMorrison of the injector. That might of been caused by air?

I aim to bench both units for air removal. This will tell me if they are no more than high priced filters.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting..... But if you wanted to remove and trap air, would you not just buy the MEGA......

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said MEGA. HAHAHAHA. Mega easely Gathers Air!

No really, imagine the mega with a hole drilled into it providing a bleed off point for all of the trapped air.

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bronco
Sisce I put the mega on I have found no air, could be the lift pump, got stupid and put a cat in line after the lift pump, so now I have 4 filters. Mega will probably last for ever. I do a D/P check to see if I have a filter plugging. Got a part # of a filter head that will except the cat filter and save you a lot of $
Geno the filter freek

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DAMN GENO! IS THE FUEL THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR FOURTH FILTER STILL CONSIDERED DIESEL??

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CleaNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
aint that what we lookin fo
Filter freak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac