dne2

outriderjoe

Reaction score
I have a dne2 attached to a c6 but I need a dne2 for a t18 any help would be amazing​

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You might just need the adapter housing for the DNE to fit another trans. Thats what Gear Vendors does. They make an od trans for all light duty trucks, cars and vans. then they make a special adapter housing to fit each different trans on those rigs. I think DNE did the same thing. Might check ebay and see what comes up. Might ask an ebay seller in Aromas Ca named Maximum Overdrive if they know of this part too.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you talking 2 or 4 wd and what year of vehicle...
X2...if it's a 4x4, the unit bolts to the back of the transmission in the same place where the transfer case would, adn the transfer case bolts to the back of it. So, if you have a 4x4, you should be good to go.

You might want to take a look at this thread...it's probably the best aggregate of information on the Doug Nash/U.S. Gear units that anyone's done in recent years ;Sweet

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?65234-US-Gear-Dual-Range-Doug-Nash-Info

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
how long can you wait? hanging under my 85 is a DNE unit that I will be removing. not sure if it works, no electrical is going to it. but it is behind a t19. but I wont be removing it for a few months.

outriderjoe

Reaction score
I can wait ..... I've waited for years already but really need it 4.10 gears and no overdrive sucks on long drives

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd T-18/19 uses a different DNE box than a 4wd/c6. They have a female/male adapter shaft that bolts onto the end of the t-18/19 output shaft and then the input to the DNE is a **32** spline, I **believe** the same as a chevy 32 spline. All the other Ford boxes are 31 spline. I think they did this because the t-18/19 uses the output shaft end bolt to hold parts together internally as well as holding the yoke on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7