Diesel??

Ezra

Reaction score
Hey just wondering what got you guys into Diesel's in the first place? My reason,just Carrying on an old family tradition and still loving it.

rubberfish

Reaction score
In 1997 I was given a brand new tow truck to drive.
It came with the 6.5 TD. I beat on that thing
ten hours a day for two years with minimal troubles.
So I bought one for myself, but in a 4X4. Then the
desire for more umph...So a different truck later....

Mattster

Reaction score
I was looking for a wheeler after having a 2wd S10 with a 350HP V8 in it but wanted to go wheeling again and was looking for a K5 and found one cheap with a 6.2L diesel in it. Since I had never driven or been in a diesel before beside a bus I thought I would check it out. Drove it around and it seemed pretty nice not as much power as the S10 but decent enough. Had it 7 months before the crankshaft broke. So as I desired a turbo and more power I found this 91 Dodge Ram 250 for $2400 and have had it about a month and I love it. Wish it was a 4x4 though but that isn't to difficult to fix just time consuming.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Ahhh... when I found diesel........ probably 5-6 maybe 7 years ago, a friend of mine had this really sweet Geneva conversion Chevy 3500 crewcab dually 4x4 mechanical 6.5 turbo. That was the cats ass, then my other bud bought a naturally aspirated 7.3 ford, and then my best friend bought his 1st gen Cummins. After watching a few truck pulls, I was hooked. I bought my first diesel a 92 Ford F-250 XLT (the one in my sig) 2 years ago, I was even more in love. Then it happened, I was offered my first Cummins for 3500 bucks in march of 05. :love: :love: :love: Its been totally down hill from there!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I was looking for a long term engine - something that I could keep running for years to come - but then came the mods and I was hooked for good. Currently on my 2nd daily driver diesel... seeing if I can find the mechanical breaking point on this brand as well.

eyoung429

Full Access Member
Reaction score
always wanted a dually and I commute approx 120 miles daily. My 4.6 F150 gets crappy gas mileage and I am 6'5" tall. I don't fit in much else and after finding out that I can have the power needed to tow, get good fuel mileage and still roast the tires......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online

Members online