???????Brakes?????

geneluo

Reaction score
time to do brakes....i'm going to have the rotors resurfaced still thick enough.....but now I need to find pads......i would go oem if i can't find any high performance pads???????no cheap stuff please......does anyone know of any hi po brake pads for my 85 6.9.......ceramics????Hawks????porterfields???? :confused:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gene-
don't know what's the "hot tip" for brake material these days, seems like every year they are improving something. Most brake pads these days have gone to some kind of exotic friction material of some sort. I will usually see what the well-known suppliers these days are using and checking to see if there is a heavy duty fleet P/N. Most of the time you will find a P/N for fleet duty but you will have to drop by a NAPA or higher end supplier.
good luck.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
You want a friction material that will match your rotors so you won't wear out your rotors before the pads wear out. I have tried Raybestos on my truck and I like them so far I will be using them again.

I would stay away from Bendix products there quality has gone down the local parts store doesn't carry them because of it.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
JPR said:
The severe duty metallic front pads for $ 80.99 from NAPA are the best I have found so far.

I put them on & they seem to hold up really well so far. I also got my rotors from Napa. Just replacement stuff, no HD. Oh, & to the best of my knowledge, my HD pads aren't wearing down my non HD replacement rotors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajuka