Block drains

onus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How the heck do you get the block drains out. It seems pretty hard to get to them. I have my 1/4"npt petcocks, and 4 gallons of 100% mix fleetcharge precharged antifreeze. I was gonna dump to whole thing but i looked where the drains are and i said no way am i getting them out. I've had this stuff for weeks but still haven't changed the coolant. I don't like the fact that everyday cavitation is happening when i drive. My weekends always get filled up with something to do. Any advice to what tool i can get in there to pull the drains out?

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally have never drained the block, just the radiator, i dont think much stays in the block, especially if you loosen the thermostat housing to break any liquid vacuum in the motor, it should all drain out.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its easy to get to if you have extensions and swivels for sockets. When you drain the block, alot comes out so make sure you do it if you want a good flush.

onus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got plenty of swivels. I'm gonna pick up some distilled water and give it a shot after i got out of work. Also sounds like i need some big **** buckets. I'll be sure to try the thermostat housing trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online