Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who's runnin what??

how does it do for ya?

what heating setup do you have?

how cold have you used it?

is it easier to mix bio or run veg?

gathering pieces parts....and just curious...

Im gonna probably convert the front tank on the van so I can run WVO....what all do I need to run it during most of the year here in ohio??

from sept-april it can get below 45* at night...the van is garaged..but there is always the drive home!!

dezl

Reaction score
Biodiesel in my opinion is the way to go, its rather easy to make and if it only drops to 45 degrees your totally fine. Also you can add certain chemicals that will prevent the biodiesel from gelling.

The heating element that I use is an old water heater, it makes for a ideal processor.

As for the other questions its great!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If You go for wvo that front tank better be aluminum or stainless steel and You fuel lines are either flex SS or fuel injection hose, I prefer dayco.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well -- I've done the bio thing for a while, now I'm going towards WVO.

There are good and bad things about each...Bio -- you spend a lot of time & effort converting the fuel, but don't have to do much (if anything) to the truck. If you have a lot of diesels, it's probably the way I'd go.

WVO has the advantage -- for me at least -- of requiring less to get the oil ready. Basically, filter/dewater & fill up. I don't have a lot of time, and it seemed like biodiesel took too much for me to get done effectively. With the WVO setup I've got now, I'll be able to run WVO no matter the temp.

I got a Plantdrive kit -- I got the HotFox in tank heater so I can run it cold...this makes sure that the oil doesn't solidify.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online