Best Version DT466 for Bombing?

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Another tid bit I remembered lastnite... A sled puller guy told me you can rev these up to 4500 on stock internals. As long as it has heavier valve springs & the setup to do it. Dont know of any other big diesel engine, besides the Cummins B or a DT360, that you can rev up that high.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another tid bit I remembered lastnite... A sled puller guy told me you can rev these up to 4500 on stock internals. As long as it has heavier valve springs & the setup to do it. Dont know of any other big diesel engine, besides the Cummins B or a DT360, that you can rev up that high.

That is crazy high for a big diesel!:eek: Any guess as to what would be reasonable HP/Torque numbers to make the motor wicked but still daily driver reliable? Like I said earlier, bombed, but not too crazy.LOL

Heath

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
I'd say 4-500hp would do some damage, and not fog out the neighborhood. Just a guesstimate on tork here, but I'd say 12-1300 pounds. That is high for a large diesel, but the guy that helped design the 466 way back when was an avid sled puller. He happens to run(I think he owns it) a place called Hypermax, most Ford guys know the company.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance