Auxillery Lights

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm really wanting to run some more lights up frontand possibly behind the truck. I'm wanting to know how to mount them. So anybody have any one their trucks, with some pics to see how they mounted them? I want to keep it clean though.

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
Check the top of the bumper

Check the top of the front bumper

It might have some extra square holes not used for the support

I would run a separate circuit for your lights

Jim

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
i have some extra lights on mine ill take a pic tonight and tamara to show i have two in the top of my grille and two lolipops on the bumper which the lolipops are nice the red side lights up the bottom of the truck

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Separate circuit or run the along with the day lights but with a separate relay powering them.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
My fog lights were mounted under the bumper when i bought it. Think they are factory holes
You must be registered for see images attach

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I cut two rough holes in my pretty rusted out bumper.

When I do the paint job in the spring, I want to get the factory chrome bumper with the holes cut in it already to have a cleaner look.

I just did the headlight relay mod, so what I did was run a wire from the existing low beam circuit into the cab to a rocker switch. I put power to the relay via a fused wire from the driver side battery. I then mounted and grounded my relay on the inner fender on the driver side near the battery. Then I ran a wire from that switch in the cab back to the trigger side of the relay.

This way the driving lights come on with the low beams, but go out with the high beams or flash to pass. It wasn't too hard to do, but loom EVERYTHING and use shrink wrap EVERYWHERES. I use clear shrink wrap so I can see potential corrosion.

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow diesel brad I'm in love with your truck, haha

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Click the link to see a big pic, did this as a courtesy to those on slow internet/cellphones. Mines mounted on the top of the bumper, was thinking about another 2 on the bottom a little further apart maybe. not sure if i like the sounds of it though

also, rear lights might not be necessary if you rig a switch for your reverse lights. Mine are bright enough to see some stuff, jsut depends on what you need to see and where

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
>>> LIGHTS ??? WHO SAID LIGHTS ??? <<<

I will probably forget a few, but here is a short list of what I can think of :

Plain old relayed headlights, of course, with manually switchable BRIGHTS and DIMS together.

Two big powerful 6" round FLOOD/FOG lamps between the uprights of the grille-guard; fog just disappears when these are lit.

Two outward angled 5" round FLOOD lamps on brackets under and behind each side of the front bumper; these are worth their weight in gold when turning into blind roads/drives.

Two big 6" round multi-million candle-power SPOT lamps atop the head-rack; these babies light up the night; I can see deer long before they decide to jump across the road.

All of these lights are wired through master-switches and can be operated automatically by the dimmer-switch, ON on demand, or OFF at all times.

Now for seeing what's aft :

Two 55-watt rectangular driving lights mounted high on the head-rack that light up the entire flat, plus the whole area behind and around the flat.

All REVERSE lights are relayed, even the many little 1156 ones in the numerous tail-lights.

Two more 55-watt rectangular driving lights reside tucked underneath the flat, angled outward at about 45*, plus one big round one in the center facing straight back; I can see the whole countryside behind me.

The CARGO lamps and REVERSE lamps are also controlled by master-switches that allow automatic operation with the gear-shift, being ON regardless of reverse-switch position, or being always OFF, regardless of shifter position.

I have a bunch more various lights just waiting on time and space.

Plans are in the works for strategically located flood-lights under the hood that will light up all possible situations that may come about out on some dark lonely highway.

A big 110-555 160-amp :backoff Leece-Neville don't even flinch when all these lights are lit, plus anything else that may be ON at the time. ;Sweet

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
If you have a headache rack on yer truck mount them on there. Im currently building my own headache rack and will have two spot lights or tractor work lights as my rear work lights. The possibilities are endless doing it yourself.