Another "contraption" on CL

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wouldnt mind seeing it in person....gotta wonder how much of it was graft job (besides the raised roof and cab extension) being a 4x4 dually.

If I ever get to finish my dream truck it would be similar

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wouldnt mind seeing it in person....gotta wonder how much of it was graft job (besides the raised roof and cab extension) being a 4x4 dually.

If I ever get to finish my dream truck it would be similar

On my Truck which was built by the same company (except 2wd) they stretched and plated the frame. It also has a 3 piece driveshaft with 2 carrier bearings. It's built on a Cab/Chassis frame, not sure if they were available in 4wd from the factory.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the first sentence makes it worth that. Plus the like new tires. could proly get her for 1400 in 100 dollar bills

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear lots of comments with people worrying about frame flex etc, but the more i look at it it seems like you could do a pretty decent stretch and maintain rigidity if you boxed the frame....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear lots of comments with people worrying about frame flex etc, but the more i look at it it seems like you could do a pretty decent stretch and maintain rigidity if you boxed the frame....
There isn't a F450 car carrier on the road that doesn't have a stretched frame. There is no worry in doing so as far as trucks are concerned.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you...I could swear I remember seeing several f350's & f-superdutys that where stretched with 20' rollbacks on them way back when....in my ideal little fantasy world I would love to stretch one of my cc duallys another 6~8 ft.....just cuz it'd be fun navigationg the wal-mart parking lot

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My '85 Hauler built and stretched by the same company that built that craigslist truck has nearly 600k miles on it. the frame stretch has never given any indication of weakness. When that truck was my main hauler it rarely moved without a trailer attached. I used to weigh in over 30k pounds on a regular basis. If the stretch was gonna break I would of broke it. The frame basically has another section of frame inserted and then they welded plate on the inside and outside extending past the seams, no box.
I'm planning on building a 6 door this summer. I plan on stretching the frame in a similiar manner.

If anybody is seriously considering buying that craiglist truck I would sell mine for the same price. Mine currently runs and has a Banks turbo on it. Heres a link to a post with some pics of it http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39266

Last edited:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya it dont look too bad really just different all looks straight and id call it a steal if it was professionaly done

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
85 Hauler - what is the sleeper and roof made out of and how is it attached?

I really want to add something like that to one of my CC

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that would be like if I sold any one of my 13 vehicles....being that I have a ranch in California & Montana, and homes in both Nevada and AZ....got vehicles plated from all four states, and spend almost an equal amount of time driving between each

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I like the listing ... Listed in Washington with a Washington phone number but Oregon plates ... Hmmmmmmmmm ...

Very common practice for people living in the state with the highest taxes in the country ( that being WA) Many will get some kind of dummy address in OR to register their cars to , because in WA state, you pay a sales tax on the estimated value of the vehicle not only upon purchase, but every single year :eek: When I lived there I had a 35 year old 2 horse trailer that I had to pay $160 a year to tag. I don't remember the powered vehicles, those are too painful a memories, I have shut them out.
Only drawback is that Vancouver US cops regularly pull over random suspects for tax dodging ( i.e. anyone who doesn't have WA plates) and if you'r name appears on a utility bill record, you are screwed big time. I discovered this a number of years ago when I moved there and the second day I was pulled over and I hadn't had time to switch registration yet ( like I moved over a weekend, but the cop still figured that I should have had WA plates cookoo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online