a benz oddity on CL.....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lookie......btw I don't own the car. I know as much as you do reading the ad....the print part of the ad is below...

1982 Mercedes 300 SD Turbo Diesel with 4-speed manual transmission! Professional transmission conversion done a few years ago, drives and shifts great! I bought it from the shop's owner's son in L.A., drove it back to SF and around a bit. Clean title, still in previous owners name. Needs interior restoration but mechanically tight. $950.00 Call 510 318 0022 300d 300 d deisel 190d 300sd
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/859913549.html

Last edited:

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Pretty cool... I know some of the euro/africa spec ones came with sticks... and there are some swaps stateside as well. I intend to do this with mine when and if the trans goes bad... but currently it shifts flawlessly and I am in no rush to trash it.

Desert Dually

cane corso
Reaction score
man, I am glad that thing is on the other side of the country from me right now, 'cause i might be tempted to go buy it! That thing is cool for the money!;Sweet

It'd be cool to swap the drivetrain over to a Chevy S-10 too! ;Really

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone put the 4-speed from a 240D into it. Not that uncommon of a swap on some forums. I have all the parts to do it to my 300CD if/when my automatic goes south on me.

Not going to fix what ain't broken - 'til it is broken.