6.9/7.3 IDI left over parts

gemmett

Reaction score
I accumluated several Ford IDI engines as spares for my 7.3 IDI factory turbo long block rebuild. I the following parts available for sale. I also have listed below a C6 automatic transmission and Borg Warner 1356 transfer case that came with the 7.3 IDI.

1994 and earlier

7.3 L Indirect Injection (IDI) engine parts:
• 7.3L, engine non-turbo, block, casting number 1809000C1, serial number 631341, std bore - very good condition, no cavitation
• Crankshaft - Casting # 1805420C1 - std main and std rod journal sizes; needs only to be polished
• set of 8 rods with pistons, which are questionable for re-use
• camshaft
• non-turbo intake manifol
• Pair of exhaust manifolds
• Automatic flywheel
• A/T adapter
• Set of tin - oil pan, valve covers, front & rear crankcase covers

6.9 L Indirect Injection (IDI) engine parts:
• 6.9L engine block, casting number 1805440C1, serial number 104876, 0.020 overbore
• Crankshaft 0.030" under main journals/0.010" under rod journals; needs work
• non-turbo intake manifold
• A/T adapter
• Set of tin - oil pan, valve covers, front & rear crankcase covers

Good used heavy duty C6 diesel 4x4 automatic transmission from 1989 F350 4x4 - tall bell housing for big block 7.3L indirect injected diesel - with torque converter

Good used Borg Warner 1356 039-908 8DA heavy duty transfer case assembly, manual shift, from the same 1989 Ford F350 7.3L diesel 4x4 pickup, does not have drive shaft tail piece that was removed for installation of an over/under auxiliary transmission

Both have approximately 130K miles on them.

Numerous miscellaneous 6.9 & 7.3 engine parts and brackets – too many to list.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got an oil pan in good shape? mines dented in decently, also need motor mounts for driver side and prolly passenger side and a cover for the flywheel - i guess its called an inspection cover? not sure if the autos will fit ?
pm me prices for that stuff plz

might need more, will elt you know after the compression test :rolleyes:

gemmett

Reaction score
All of these parts are in Phoenix. Shipping costs will apply for outside the Phoenix area.

6.9 Dipstick tube? Yes I have a couple of dipstick tubes. Let me know what you would be willing to pay.

How much for the 7.3IDI camshaft and do you know if the camshaft journals are std? The camshaft journals are standard size. I've seen used camshafts advertised for $50. Let me know what you would be willing to pay.

got an oil pan in good shape? mines dented in decently, also need motor mounts for driver side and prolly passenger side and a cover for the flywheel - i guess its called an inspection cover? not sure if the autos will fit ?
pm me prices for that stuff plz I have several oil pans that are in reasoably good shape with only minor dents. I have also several auto inspection cover plates that mount at the bottom of the flywheel housing that you remove in order. I would take $40 plus shipping for the oil pan, flywheel cover and both motor mounts.

dont know if you still have it, but how much are you looking to get for the c6? I seen prices for used C6 range from $100 to $175. I'm flexible on this. I have not driven the vehicle that the transmission came out of - it was a roll over. I needed the 7.3 and the transmission and transfer case came with it. Let me know what you would be willing to offer.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
For the dipstick tube, I need to know the length and the style of end on it. I need the bullet style.

SWS

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Vacuum pump? I have part of the bracket and the v-groove sheave, but no pump. Probably need the mount bolts, too.

gemmett

Reaction score
I have been slow in responding due to an out of town project that came up suddenly. Please bear with me - I will respond as best that I can. I want to be respectful of this really great forum and support my fellow IDI fans

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im interested in the 6.9 block. Is it a fresh overbore, or does it need another bore and hone? i live in vegas. how much?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online