2700rpm vibration

BigSix

Reaction score
We all know about the 2100rpm buzz in the steering wheel and the TSB to isolate this normal engine vibration from the cab with weights on the hydro-boost hoses. I'm not planning on having the TSB done as the buzz doesn't bother me.
What does bug me is a heavier low frequency vibration almost like the torque converter or a tire is out of balance at 2700rpm. Mechanic at dealer said they all do it. I don't remember if my last three did it or not as they were so noisy I tried to avoid high rpm. It does it sitting still in Park or Neutral or with O/D locked out running down the road. Just curious if yours also have this vibration. I keep thinking I want to take another one for a test drive to compare but haven't had time yet. It could very well be normal (Dodge makes it, Cummins shakes it) but I want to be sure...

BigSix

Reaction score
I forgot about this post. I hope this doesn't mean there are only two trucks out of all the 3rd gen members with this vibration.
I had the hose weight installed along with a reflash for the tranny and O/D power. The weight makes a difference all through the rpm range but most noticeable at 2100rpm. If a damper of some form would take care of the 2700rpm vibration, I'd be first in line...