Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The vote option doesn’t show up in Tapatalk (at least for me). Have to go through a browser and log in.

Not sure if that is confounding folks or not or if there’s anything to be done about it.

Jimbanjer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps we should just mention in our current threads on our projects for folks to come here and vote on it. I don’t think I could swing New Hampshire or Ohio with our young children though.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps we should just mention in our current threads on our projects for folks to come here and vote on it. I don’t think I could swing New Hampshire or Ohio with our young children though.
I added a large font link in my signature to the voting thread, so everyone who sees my posts can see the link here in my sig.

I understand about traveling long distances with little ones. For us, a big run up to NH would take four days (two going and coming) leaving just 3 or 4 max to camp. That's tough on my four year old son.

Heath

Brighammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Danielle said something about forums not being the cool gathering spots they once were. I have a couple pennies of thought on that. I'm 39 and feel like I'm right in that generational technology "fold". I used to use FB and insta(no Twitter) but left both those platforms a year ago. I got tired of wasting my time and not having a real good community or communal resource for information. Facebook was good for congregating and bs-ing. But it wasn't a great place for real information. Insta was great for "look what I did" or "look what I have" but not "check out how I did this!". And that's why I came back to forums. I wanted real in-depth information to share and be shared with like-minded folk.

Honestly I'd likely not make a rally if it was outside Oregon(not saying we need o have one here. Just that Rally's and meet ups aren't why I'm here). Being a self employed dad, who also works a family farm, time is more valuable than $$.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Danielle said something about forums not being the cool gathering spots they once were. I have a couple pennies of thought on that. I'm 39 and feel like I'm right in that generational technology "fold". I used to use FB and insta(no Twitter) but left both those platforms a year ago. I got tired of wasting my time and not having a real good community or communal resource for information. Facebook was good for congregating and bs-ing. But it wasn't a great place for real information. Insta was great for "look what I did" or "look what I have" but not "check out how I did this!". And that's why I came back to forums. I wanted real in-depth information to share and be shared with like-minded folk.

Honestly I'd likely not make a rally if it was outside Oregon(not saying we need o have one here. Just that Rally's and meet ups aren't why I'm here). Being a self employed dad, who also works a family farm, time is more valuable than $$.
Keep an eye on this section. There is typically a couple west coast get togethers as well. We have several folks from that area.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I added a large font link in my signature to the voting thread, so everyone who sees my posts can see the link here in my sig.

Heath

Can I ask how you did that? I don't post much, but I can add it also if that helps?

It's funny, I am finding myself back on forums and much less on social media more and more lately. Pretty much all of my social media use is posting for the volunteer groups I am part of, and I don't really read anyone's posts at all. I constantly have people surprise me with their new information that they assumed I already knew due to social media.

For example my close friend got MARRIED in 2017 and I just found out the other day while we were working on his bike and I saw his wedding ring hahah. They just did a courthouse signing, no wedding, and posted it on Facebook and that's it!! I mean, come ON!!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I ask how you did that? I don't post much, but I can add it also if that helps?

You can add links in your signature. Just edit your signature, use the link button at the top of the test box, add the address for the voting thread, and you can also choose the size and color of the font you use for the link.

Heath

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 29.
I'll give some generational perspective.

Majority don't use IG to gather or organize things. There will be some niche stuff but overall no.
Most of us left facebook and are on IG purely to show 'what we are doing' or see what others are doing, without all the chatter,news and BS of Facebook. Still use forums alot. I have a build thread, theres another guy who's 19 that just started a build thread in IDI.

Most of us got crushed by the greed of monetizing the education system starting in the late 80s early 90s. Saying, "you need to go to college if you want to amount to anything" and then raising tuition costs sky high. The school I went to cost $6,000 a year in 1996 and today cost $70,000 a year. We all know wages did not incur that inflation.
I have friends with masters degrees in engineering which cannot get a job in the field, are not paying the loan debt because of no money, and are landscaping and doing part time jobs to survive.

That said, many of us and even the ones who do have good jobs are working alot of overtime or second jobs to catch up. Going on week long expeditions is not realistic or not possible. Also, delayed or not having kids is more normal and it seems like kids were what drove some of your interests in going to the rally from previous posts.

Things we do like:
-Long weekend trips or events
-Day events (we go to tractor pulls, demolition derby, dyno days, tough truck, etc almost every weekend spring-fall) Me and two buddies were watching Wes's dyno thread updates because if it was still on were going to get plane tickets and come from PA to TX for the day.
- Working days. Most nice weekends there can be up to 8 of my buddies hanging out in garages working on multiple vehicles at a time. I would also go anywhere within driving distance in the Northeast for working days with members to help get their projects done. I would personally like to see more of this. As an idea for 'range' Subway is an hour or a bit more from me and I consider that close. Distance isn't a problem.

Finally,
Either the websites code updated a couple weeks ago or the Tapatalk code updated because i can no longer see pictures and there was no vote option. Tapatalk has also been trying to squeeze more and more money out of people by pushing more features to premium over the last 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online