2005 60 no start

redneckvette

Reaction score
after numeras starts during the day my 05 will not start in running code checker on it it shows low or no oil pressure it does not even atempt to start just turns over no smoke out of tail pipe. first time checked 325 lbs oil pressure now showes 1.5. any sugestion on how to get it started or a fix.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a problem in the High Pressure Oil System. Have you unplugged the ICP sensor and see it if will start? It may be a failed ICP (Injection Control Pressure) Sensor. It may be an IPR (Injection Pressure Regulator) Sensor. It may be an o-ring on the pump, or the HPOP may have failed. It needs if I remember correctly ~500psi to start. If the ICP or ICR has failed, and you unplug the sensor it may start as the PCM will run the pump at a failsafe level and you may be able to start the engine at that point.

BTW - Welcome to OB, and please fill in your signature with your truck information, it helps all of us answer your questions better since we will know what we are working with. Click UserCP to get to that area.....

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Exatcally, what codes are you getting? Please give the code numbers, that can help alot.

I hate to ask the obvious questions, have you checked the oil level? Just a few quarts low can cause a no start..... How many miles on the truck, any mods?

Do you have any "new" oil leaks, and if so where?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online