2003 Dodge cummins no start

Evilgt

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been having a hot start issue with my 03 ram. After sitting for more than a hour it would have a nice long extended crank before it would start. Well last night while leaving work the old girl wouldnt start at all. I ended up sleeping in the truck. :mad:

Anyway today I grabbed the aultel scan tool from the Nissan shop and pulled faults. None stored. So then I started looking at the various signals. Ambient temp, coolant temp, engine speed signal are all fine. I can see RPM while trying to start it.

The one thing that has me worried is my fuel pressure sensor is only seing about 1400psi while cranking. One of the other techs at work has a 04 cummins and we compared his to mine and with in a second or two his reachs 5000psi and bam fires right up.

So I am thinking a bad injector or two or possibly the lift pump dies. The lift pump is LOUD comapred to my buds 04.

Rock stock 03 SO with about 120k on it. Never been bombed or touched in 10 years other than batteries, front brakes and regular service..

Thoughts ideas? I really dont want to sleep in the truck again and cant spend a ton of money throwing parts it. I will have a new lift pump and injector at the shop tonight to try and get it started.

Thanks

kyle