2 Piece Driveshaft Greese

Neal_P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the ford part # for this stuff? Or is there any aftermarket stuff that can be used. Thanks.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
i use just regular old high temp grease in mine, and all the other grease points... i'm sure ford has some outrageouly overpriced grease if you wanted it

Neal_P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jlayne said:
i use just regular old high temp grease in mine, and all the other grease points... i'm sure ford has some outrageouly overpriced grease if you wanted it

I had read from some others that the regular greese didn't work as well. GM also has a special greese for their driveshaft. Of course they were smart enough to put a fitting on it so you don't have to take the shaft down. cookoo

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I use Mercruiser spline grease on mine. It is suposed to prevent spline wear. The splines on the I/O boat engines take a beating and hold up good. Maybe it's the grease! LOL!
Ken

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
NJKen said:
I use Mercruiser spline grease on mine. It is suposed to prevent spline wear. The splines on the I/O boat engines take a beating and hold up good. Maybe it's the grease! LOL!
Ken

i have used marine grease on my trucks before.. it is far better about washing off... marine grease stays where you put it! water doesn't effect it near as much

but it is a mother to get off your hands and FORGET about getting it off your clothes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online