1st big pull and new toy

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that on craigslist also, thought about it but too much rot for me. I have no time for stripping parts vehicles either. Good deal, axle alone is worth the price.

camotoy66

Reaction score
Gonna toss the new starter it came with in tonight and get some fresh fuel, maybe tomorrow I'll know if/how well it runs. No this will give me an excuse to build an offroad truck again!

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice deal! I'm just a little jealous... :)

Where in WI are you? Central?

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if the 90 you have was bought off Craigslist out of Milladore Wi?

I was on my way with truck and trailer in tow to look at a 1990 just like that when the owner called me up and told me he sold it. Wondering if that would be the same truck?

camotoy66

Reaction score
Chevyta, yup the exact truck! Picked it up Dec 27. Had to pull start with a tractor, dumped more fuel on the ground than it used and tranny is pretty loud (syncros?). Had the pump rebuilt by K&S Inj in Wausau, new return line kit, starter armature was fried, had a few electrical issues, new vac pump yadayadayada, alot of work and 1300 later but I'm still quite happy with it.

camotoy66

Reaction score
Oh yeah, previous owner and I had spoken on Dec 23 and I told him SOLD. So I'm at the bank morning of the 27th and called him to make sure he knew I was coming and informed me that another guy, you, was on his way. I was not pleased as I had a friend coming with his flatbed to tow it and was worried it was gonna be a waste of his time and mine. The owner didn't really take care of it so it was in pretty rough shape. I thought the way he handled the sale was pretty crappy, sorry you wasted the fuel.

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way but I'm glad I didn't make it all the way down there. He told me it was "rust free" and only thing wrong was an electrical drain in the system, said other than that it is 100% ready to go anywhere. I would have been very upset if I would have drove the last 100 miles and it been in the condition you and your pictures describe.

Sounds like you've done a bunch of work and got her up and running though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online