19.5tire questions

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I am in the market for some 19.5 tires on my 4wd F550
I REALLY like the Continental HSR but I cant seem to find them or even a price to see if they are too rich for my blood. I like them because they are aggressive enough but not overly aggressive.

Any other tires you guys recommend?

Also, the truck came with 225s, can i put 245s on or will they rub?

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on our 550 at work we swapped to 245s and no issues rubbing. I have seen more aggressive tires but I would hate to see what those would cost over the hwy style tires.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had 245-70-19.5 traction tires on my F550 twin line wrecker. It worked up in the hills surrounding Santa Clara valley and the truck ate the tries like they were candy. The motorpool boss had some really nasty comments when I was due for tires at 30k miles. Fortunately the truck was my least favorite truck to drive, so it only saw miles when I really needed it. The truck left me stranded more often than I could count, but it helped justify a satellite cell phone as part of issuing equipment on the truck.
I don't know what is a happy medium for 19.5's but highway traction sucks in the mud and traction tires get eaten alive in corners. if you do find something you like and it wears good, let me know. I'm all eyes and ears on this one.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Not to that point yet. But I think I am going to buy 2 Of the hankooks to match the rest and when I have the money buy more, 2 at a clip

Road Boss

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with tires and I'm not sure either. I really just want to get steer tires because they are really f--ked. Let me know you thoughts on your new tires.