03 developed a rough high idle

Talltimber

Reaction score
just recently my 03CTD seems to have developed a rough idle from about 1000rpm's to about 1400. it does not seem to miss noticable but just a little vibration. i only notice this if i set and run the rpm's up. i am very familar with the older cummins 400's ect. i am not however all that familar with the electronic motors. i ran an edge eazy for the summers but remove it during the winter (can't afford the tires during the winter) anyone have this problem and if so what the hell is it!!!
thanks

Whit

Reaction score
You say rough idle then you talk about 1000-1400 rpm's, As far as the idle goes I know my 01 idles much much smoother if I clean the IAT senser.......do it every 5k

Talltimber

Reaction score
rough idle

thanks i will clean it up and see what happens. i now have a slight knock at idle also. i am hopeing it is just an injector knock. seems to only happen with the engine up to operating temp and only at idle, goes away at about 900 rpm. driving me nuts. i hate it when a sound pops out of nowhere that shouldn't be there. all else is fine, runs good, does not seem to have any power loss, oil press, temp (both egt & water) all good, no changes. if i can't find it soon i will take to the stealership (god forbide) to see if the idiots can see something, besides the end of their nose (although i doubt it!)

Whit

Reaction score
Soundin more like a bad injector all the time :sorry: I would get a heat gun and shoot the exhaust manifold right at the ports to see if ya could tell which one