01 vs. 04.5 comparrison

Whit

Reaction score
OK my wife has her new 04.5 Dodge/Cummins in the driveway, we got it back from Kellog,Idaho yesterday, I had a chance to drive it and look it over somewhat and so far I am likin it alot

The 04.5 rides alot nicer than the 01
Cab comfort is better
plenty of room front and back
Acceleration is better than the 01 when it was stock
braking is much much better
much quieter,nice change from my 01
handels better on highway
better view of the road
prettier truck without a dought
instrument cluster is better with the white
center consol has a cubby hole under it...nice
fold flat floor in the back is cool,and still has under seat storage
frame looks much stoughter
receiver hitch looks stronger
looks like the Cummins is tucked under the firewall a bit more
Less wind noise

I aint had alot of time to spend under the hood but I will check it out later, My dad has a 04 Duramax that has a beautiful ride to it and I think the lil womans ride is a close second, acceleration compared to the Duramax seams to be very close. Duramax has a bit more space in the back seat but the Dodge still has enough and I am 6'2" so not bad at all.

Overall, I still Love my truck and prefer to use it for what I do but I will admit that the wifes new ride is now our touring vehicle, the auto tranny is nice for that too.

OH we got 16.5-17 mpg on the way home doing 75-80 mph, the truck weighs out at 7,060 with no passengers.
My 01 got 20.3 for the whole trip and it weighs in at 9660, and I did the whole 1400 miles on one tank of fuel...................I Love my aux tank!!!

Cheers, Kevin

waterdonkey

Reaction score
Kevin,

Some more info. 4X4 ?, long bed or short? 4 door?

Sounds like you are happy with her rig:D :D

BigSix

Reaction score
I still miss my '01.5 quad cab. It had the Infinity stereo and leather steering wheel my new one doesn't. But most of all, the '01.5 didn't have the vibrations my new one has. First was an out of round drive shaft that vibrated from 45mph up. Dodge swapped driveshafts with another truck. Then the TSB came out for the power steering hose. That solved the steering wheel buzz. Now if I could get the drive shaft angles set up right I could get rid of the 65mph and up vibration solved. Then I'd probably be happy with my new one!:D
Congrats on the 04.5! I bet that ***** hauls ass!

Whit

Reaction score
Originally posted by waterdonkey
Kevin,

Some more info. 4X4 ?, long bed or short? 4 door?

Sounds like you are happy with her rig:D :D

I guess I forgot some details,
4x4
4 door
shortbed

She wont let me stack it but Schitz said I could stack his when he comes up to Wyoming :D

Cheers, Kevin