Zf-5

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh really?!? Thats good news! I always thought the ZF was longer and thus requiring the driveshafts to be altered accordingly. Learn something new everyday!!!
I was pleasantly surprised by this, since I knew going in that the 2WD ZF and C6 were different lengths. I went into it expecting to need to have the driveshafts redone; was really happy to find out that I didn't ;Sweet

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so If I can get this truck with the 5 speed, or if I can find a 5 speed, I am looking at getting the smf kit through southbend. My question is would it be worth getting the performance one that's rated for 375 hp and 800 ft pounds of tourque. My truck doesn't put out that much but it did roast the clutch on my 4 speed after I put the turbo on, I'm thinking it has maybe 200-250 hp max

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Oh really?!? Thats good news! I always thought the ZF was longer and thus requiring the driveshafts to be altered accordingly. Learn something new everyday!!!

Small block ZF5 is a couple inches longer than a C6/NP435/T18/T19. Big block and diesel ZF5 is approx. the same length so within the range of where the slip yokes will be alright.